Let's all agree from the start that these posts will be works-in-progress. I'll add to them, edit them, and revisit them, likely as I post on MFAyyye or as resources become available.
But let's start with the Abecedarian.
I like it because it's a form but also a person who is learning and more and more that's how I think of every piece of wrting, a place of learning and play.
- Souvenirs: An Abecedarian Essay by Tammy Delatorre
- Son of Mr. Green Jeans: An Essay on Fatherhood, Alphabetically Arranged by Dinty W. Moore
- Abecedarian Requiring Further Examination of Anglikan Seraphym Subjugation of a Wild Indian Rezervation by Natalie Diaz
- The Grains of Ascendancy: An Abecedarian by Lillian-Yvonne Bertram (You can see the poet the their poem here.)
- in lieu of a poem, i'd like to say Danez Smith (link includes a recording of the poet reading the poem.